Authored by: Allan Zieser, STLE, CLS
More of today’s large fleets of vehicles contain CAB brazed materials in the coolant system. These aluminum systems can be hard to treat since most of the conventional coolants will react with these metals, causing corrosion and eventual failure of the cooling system. One of the easiest ways to prevent these issues from happening in your fleets is by switching to Chevron Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant.
Chevron Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant provides excellent aluminum protection. It is effective at protecting aluminum in high-temperature applications and eliminating nitrite depletion to provide optimal cooling system protection.
Chevron Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant offers:
- Better PH Stability preventing PH shifts in the coolant
- Improved elastometer Compatibility with an improved mix of inhibitors in the additive package
- Provides Excellent hardware life. Chevron Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant provides improved liner pitting performance over previous generations of ELC coolants
Recommended applications for Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant products:
- Heavy-duty engines regardless of fuel type or environmental controls being used where the OEM recommends a silicate free, extended life coolant that contains nitrites
- Mixed fleets where both light-duty and heavy-duty trucks are present
- Stationary engine applications regardless of fuel type being used
- Marine cooling systems where freeze protection is needed and a nitrite containing coolant is recommended
Contact your Ottsen Oil Expert today to find out how Chevron Delo® ELC Advanced Antifreeze/Coolant is the right coolant for your fleet!